Here are our top ten reasons why filtered water is just better for you:
- Water filtration can provide better tasting and better smelling drinking water by removing chlorine, chemicals, pesticides, heavy metals and bacterial contaminants.
- Drinking filtered water will help maintain healthy blood pressure - and increasing your water consumption as an adult to 2 1/2 to 3 litres a day is optimum.
- The purchase of a filter system (as suited to your needs) results in a source of clean, healthy water that costs much less than expensive bottled water and reduces toxic waste in the environment.
- Washing with filtered water (whole house systems) assists with the reduction skin irritations such as eczema and dermatitis.
- UV and carbon water filters can selectively remove dangerous contaminants from drinking water while still retaining healthy mineral deposits.
- Drinking clean, filtered water helps assist weight loss and maintenance!
- A water filter provides clean, healthy water for cooking, as well as drinking, at the convenience of tap water.
- UV and carbon water filters reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 80 percent by removing cryptosporidium, herbicides, pesticides and giardia from drinking water.
- Drinking pure water is especially important for children. Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters offer the last line of defence between the body and the over 2100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
And that's just what we know about!
Surely the biggest thing is the taste: if something tastes good, we have more of it.
Here is Grant talking to Monique Bradley about why water is awesome and why you need a water filter at your home: